Please find below the requirements to open and operate an Estate account with Qtrade. Please mail the following documents:
- Original or Notarized Death Certificate.
- Notarized Copy of Letters of Probate or Provincial equivalent with notarized copy of court submitted last will and testament (all pages including Codicils) or Notarized Copy of Letters of Administration or Provincial equivalent if the client did not have a last will and testament.
- Notarized Copy of both sides of valid, legible, government issued photo ID for each court approved executor or Estate Administrator.
- Application in the Name of the Estate
- Estate Supplementary Form
- Qtrade Direct Investing Entity Stakeholder form
- Estate Letter of Direction signed by each court approved Executor/Estate Administrator
- $250 Estate administrative fee, plus applicable tax, is charged to the account upon opening
The above documents need to be sent by registered mail or courier to:
Qtrade Direct Investing
700 – 1111 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6E 4T6