We’ve improved the research experience on our platform! You can now assess stocks in your portfolio or stocks that are under consideration for investment with Analyst Ratings. This engaging and informative research tool provides insights into:
- The overall analyst consensus rating from strong buy to strong sell
- The average analyst 12-month price target, plus the range of low to high price target estimates
- A summary view of the individual analysts, their recommendations, price targets, and the news source (where available)
Here are some top questions for a better understanding of this new feature.
What are analyst ratings?
Analyst ratings are issued by leading financial analysts who monitor and report on select companies and provide an outlook for their stocks. Analyst ratings are commonly issued with Buy, Hold or Sell and are accompanied by a 12-month price target for the stock.
Where can I find the Analyst Ratings?
To view this new tool, follow these steps:
- From the Get Quotes section or from the Quotes and Market Info section of the dashboard, search for a security you want to research, such as Apple (AAPL). Navigate to the Analyst Ratings tab
- View recent analyst consensus, price forecasts, and ratings for your selected stock
Where does this information come from?
We have partnered with TipRanks, a global company that tracks and measures the performance of over 96,000 financial experts, including Wall Street analysts, financial bloggers, hedge funds, and corporate insiders and ranks those analysis based on the accuracy of their performance. They source ratings information made on Canadian and U.S. stocks published publicly online by reputable sources.
Neither Qtrade Direct Investing or Credential Qtrade Securities endorses or recommends the purchase or sale of any security.